What Do I Need To Prepare - To Travel To Thailand
Visas: Singaporeans visiting Indonesia (including Bali)
Travellers entering Thailand need to obtain a visa according to the purpose of their visit.
However, visitors from countries that are under the Visa Exemption List (includes Singapore) do not need a Thai visa to visit Thailand for tourism.
The Thai Immigration Bureau allows tourists to stay in Thailand for maximum of 30 days. Tourists have the option of applying for an extension of their visa at any local immigration office in Thailand if they were to stay longer than that.
Getting a Thai Pass
It is important for visitors to Thailand to understand that having a valid Thailand Pass is required during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Thailand Pass is a free-of-charge web-based tool that aims to help the Thai government's "Ease of Travel" initiative and make the documentation process for visitors to Thailand easier and more efficient.
You can apply for the Thai Pass and register for a test and go program in the official site here.
- Apply for a Thai Pass under the official Thailand Pass website
- Provide details of your arrival
- Provide your personal information
- Upload proof of vaccination
- Provide your hotel details
- Submit your COVID-19 insurance
- Approve and submit the summary of your Thai Pass application
You will then receive your access code (to check your status and update your information if necessary) in your registered email.
COVID-19 Related Information
In the Sandbox program, tourists must book a 7-night stay in a SHA+ hotel and pass one of two RT PCR tests on Day 1.
On Day 5, they have to pass the ATK testing before being allowed to travel to other parts in Thailand.
Note: the sandbox program is only available in Phuket, Samui, and Pattaya.
Test and Go
After a tourist has received a negative COVID-19 test result on their first attempt, they are eligible to travel throughout Thailand under the "Test and Go" program. On your fifth day, you must conduct an ATK self-test and report your results via the MorChana mobile app.
If you are a fully vaccinated traveler, it is best to apply under the Test and Go Program.
You can refer to the list of approved Test and Go hotels in Thailand here.
Requirements For The Test and Go Program:
- COVID-19 Travel Insurance - your policy should have a coverage of at least US$ 20,000 for medical emergencies
- Have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate (tourists younger than 18 years old won’t need this if they travel with a legal guardian or a parent)
- The hotel confirmation letter confirmation - showing that you’ve pre-paid for accommodation, RT-PCR test, and airport transfer (the letter needs to be issued by one of the approved Alternative Quarantine (AQ) or SHA + Hotels)
Documents You Would Need Before Applying:
- The documents that you would need for the Thai Pass Test and Go application are:
- Scanned copy of your passport profile
- Insurance policy purchased
- Vaccination certificate
- A vaccination certificate must be for an authorised vaccine type and you must have been vaccinated 14 days prior to travel.
Purchasing Travel Insurance
- Thailand is gradually reopening to tourists, and one of the newest prerequisites for overseas travellers is a COVID-19 insurance coverage that includes at least $20,000 in coverage for emergencies medical expenses.
- The easiest way is to buy your policy online - from one of the travel insurance Singapore providers, who will provide you with all the important documents to present to the Thai authorities when you arrive.
- Ensure that your insurance policy covers the entire period of your stay, if not this might compromise your entry to Thailand.
Discover Allianz Travel with selected Covid-19 Coverage*
International Health Insurance*
Ensure your medical expenses are covered
5Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty Singapore Branch is the insurer and Allianz Care is the administrator. Whenever we use the terms “we”, “us” and “our” in the pages dedicated to the international health insurance we offer, it will refer to both entities.
The insurer is Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE Singapore Branch, address 79 Robinson Road, #09-01 068897, Singapore. Company Registration No. T11FC0131K. This policy is supported by AWP Health & Life SA, trading as Allianz Care, a limited company governed by the French Insurance Code and acting through its Irish Branch. Part of the Allianz Group, AWP Health & Life SA is registered in France: No. 401 154 679 RCS Bobigny. Irish Branch is registered in the Irish Companies Registration Office, registered No.: 907619, address: 15 Joyce Way, Park West Business Campus, Nangor Road, Dublin 12, Ireland. AWP Health & Life SA provides administration services and technical support for the policy. Allianz Care and Allianz Partners are registered business names of AWP Health & Life SA.
About Allianz Global Corporate and Specialty
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is a leading global corporate insurance carrier and a key business unit of Allianz Group. We provide risk consultancy, property-casualty insurance solutions and alternative risk transfer for a wide spectrum of commercial, corporate and specialty risks across 10 dedicated lines of business. Worldwide, AGCS operates with its own teams in 32 countries and through the Allianz Group network and partners in over 200 countries and territories, employing over 4,450 people. As one of the largest Property-Casualty units of Allianz Group, we are backed by strong and stable financial ratings. In 2019, AGCS generated a total of €9.1 billion gross premium globally. For more information, please visit https://www.agcs.allianz.com/ or follow us on Twitter @AGCS_Insurance and LinkedIn.
About Allianz Care
Allianz Care provides international health, life and disability cover and services to a wide range of customers, including multinational companies, intergovernmental organisations and private individuals and families. Our mission is to ensure that customers have access to quality healthcare through our support, care and commitment to go the extra mile. We are a truly global health partner ensuring fast and simple access to the best advice, treatment and value for our customers. Allianz Care is the international health brand of Allianz Partners. For additional information, please visit www.allianzcare.com or connect with us on Facebook and LinkedIn.